Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Best of Birthdays...

I stopped planning to celebrate my own birth
after I hit 65 but that doesn't mean
it goes unnoticed...


I had a wonderful time
this year on my birthday (4/21) 
in both of my ceramic classes
sharing my pinch strip technique
for making bowls which 
appear to have a carved accent
either in or outside the bowl.


Those with accent patterns on the outside
will have a layered glaze wax technique
inside and Nadia Bond will be on hand
next week in one on my classes
to demo how to do this.


Bowls are different from almost any other
ceramic forms because they have both an
inside and outside which can be seen
at the same time.  Therefore, the two
must complement each other and,
at the same time, entice the onlooker
to want to pick them up and use them.

I finished my "day" at a local Vietnamese Restaurant
with friends after receiving numerous renditions
of Happy Birthday on my voice mail,
emailed & snail mailed greetings
and heartfelt wishes on Facebook...

NICE! 



No comments: